I just concocted this tonight so I am not sure if someone else has made it before. I would make a few changes for next time but before I forgot I thought I ought to write down the recipe.
7 oz of drained, chopped, cooked spinach (we had some frozen from earlier in the spring)
1 lb ground pork
8 oz of noodles (I used macaroni)
2 c. of whole milk
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 t. Bouillon (I used better than bouillon, chicken)
1/2 T butter
1. Cook the noodles
2. melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1 min
3. Add the pork and cook, until browned
4. Add the ground pepper
5. Add the spinach, bouillon and milk
6. Bring to a low simmer and cook until slightly thickened
7. Add the noodles, stir to cover and serve
You can add salt and pepper to taste. Big J added garlic/chive cheddar to increase the flavor. I would suggest fresh, grated Parmesan cheese for next time.
We served it with steamed green beans. Yum!
Now it is time to clear the kitchen and make cherry jam from the sour cherries we picked at Lohr’s Orchard on Wednesday.
No comments yet.